A blog about fashion, cooking, fitness, & lifes pursuit

A blog about fashion, cooking, fitness, & life's pursuit

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blue Moon Beer Shake!

Hey guys!

     So about a week ago my hunny & I went to Red Robin, and as I was looking through the drink section on the menu I saw the most amazing thing!! 
BLUE MOON BEER SHAKES! 
wow wow wow! Ok you guys, I love love loooooove Blue Moon!! <33 & ice cream shakes! & Red Robin has made a concoction with both..omg I was super stoked! Reading the ingredients I couldn't wait to order one! Blue Moon Belgium White Beer, Vanilla ice cream, Cointreau orange liqueur, and orange juice! 
When our waitress brought it to our table I dove right in! Ahh I was instantly in heaven.
I immediately attempted to look up the recipe for this heavenly dream creation & couldn't find it!! Finally I found a recipe for it on bakenoprisoners.com . I had to change her recipe up a little bit in order to make it represent the exact Red Robin creation. She uses triple sec instead of the Cointreau orange liqueur and adds in some orange extract which totally changes up the replica of Red Robins recipe. So, here is what I did to make Red Robins exact recipe... 

Red Robins Blue Moon Beer Shake

1 cup Blue Moon Belgium White Beer
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup Cointreau Orange Liqueur 
scoops vanilla ice cream
8 ice cubes 
whip cream for topping 
Orange slices for side garnish
 makes 3 tall cups

How to concoct some heaven : 
1. Combine Blue Moon beer, orange juice, cointreau, ice cubes and ice cream in your blender and blend until desired consistency. 
2. Add whip cream, orange slice and colorful straw 
3. Sit back and enjoy! :)